Providing healthy and nutrient-rich water is every water filter’s goal. A water filter cartridge reduces the contaminants and impurities in your water supply. They also trap sediment, chlorine, lead and other minerals in your water supply. Cartridges come in different sizes, and each type has varying features, so it’s essential to choose the correct cartridge for your needs! Read on for more information on them.
What are water filter cartridges?
Water filter cartridges are devices that remove contaminants from water. They consist of several layers, each playing a different role in removing contaminants from the water. The material used depends on the type of contaminant to be removed and whether or not chemicals are involved in its removal process. Water filter cartridges can be made of various materials such as carbon, sand, activated charcoal and even coconut shells!
What are the benefits of using filter cartridges?
Water filter cartridges remove specific contaminants from your drinking water. This includes heavy metals, lead and other dissolved solids in municipal water supplies. It also removes sediments, rust and calcium deposits. Filtering out these contaminants makes your water taste better and more appealing to drink.
Reduces the risk of bacterial infection.
The process of filtering the contents of a contaminated source will remove any harmful bacteria that might be present in it; this helps you avoid getting sick from drinking contaminated water.
Reduces the risk of kidney stones
Drinking purified or filtered water reduces your risk of developing kidney stones by 50%, according to research conducted by Harvard Medical School and supported by the National Kidney Foundation (NKF). Studies show that distilled or reverse osmosis filtered tap waters have lower levels of substances that cause urinary tract infections than other types of tap waters such as chlorinated tap or municipal tap (city)
Which type of water filter cartridge should I get?
Your needs will change depending on the type and amount of water you are filtering. For example, if you have a large family and need to purify drinking water for multiple people at once, a larger filter may be better suited to meet your needs than a smaller one.
Likewise, if you live alone or with only one other person in the household, you might prefer using a smaller cartridge that is easier to install and maintain because it does not require as much area to operate efficiently.
Tips for Buying Filter Cartridges Online
When buying filter cartridges online, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
- Check the brand and model number of the filter cartridge. This will ensure that it’s compatible with your system and easy to install.
- Check the size and dimensions of the replacement filter cartridge. Make sure that it fits into your water filtration system properly before purchasing it so you don’t have any problems installing it in your home or business.
- Determine if there is any warranty offered on this replacement cartridge by looking at its price tag or reading reviews from other customers who’ve purchased this product to see if they had any issues with getting their money back due to defects or malfunctions after using them for a while.
- It should be made of good-quality materials. If the filter has cheap plastic or something that easily cracks, it won’t be able to do its job correctly. The material must also be durable enough to withstand regular uses and pressure changes in your home’s plumbing system.
- It should be easy to install and maintain as well. If you need to be handy with tools, look for filters that are easy to install (such as snap-in models) or have user manuals with step-by-step instructions on how they can be replaced.